Thursday, July 15, 2010
Exfoliating

Exfoliating is something that is often forgotten in the beauty regime, but so important, for the following reasons:

- it helps removed dead skin cells so you skin looks less dull
- it facilitates absorption of subsequent products (like serums, anti-ageing creams) so they penetrate deeper abd benefits are enhanced

From a personal level, one of the biggest benefits I have discovered from my (rather recent I will admit!!) commencement using an exfoliant 2 to 3 times a week is..... no more blind pimples!    

The other day I noticed that I had some 'whiteheads' on my chin (I have large pores on chin and nose and when the hormones kick in, that is when they are likely to transform into pimples or blind pimples...).   I was due to exfoliate so I did that as usual.  The next morning, I had a pimple in place of one of the whiteheads!  

Not much to get excited about?  Well, in the past few months before I started exfoliating, I had those whiteheads turn into blind pimples.  So to have it come up as a little pimple that I could quickly treat, was actually a great thing! 

Gone in a day, no scar, not painful bump.

I will do a separate post about blind pimples because they are a source of frustration to many!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

About Me